Asus is cooking something new for us this time they just announced the world’s first Gigabit LTE capable laptop oday at the 2nd Annual Snapdragon Technology Summit in Maui, Hawaii. The convertible is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, and has Gigabit LTE capability thanks to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X16 LTE modem, as well as an advertised 22-hour battery life and built-in eSIM.
ASUS NovaGo specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 4 x Kryo 280 Performance (2.45 GHz) 4 x Kryo Efficiency (1.9 GHz)
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB/8GB RAM
- 13.3-inch IPS display, (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- 64GB/128GB/256GB of storage
- Qualcomm Integrated X16 LTE for data
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Combo Nano-SIM, MicroSD Card Reader (up to 256 GB), HDMI, DX-in
The notebook is armed with a 13.3-inch IPS display, comes with either 4GB/8GB of DRAM, and a choice of 64GB/128GB/256GB of storage.
The notebook also runs Windows 10 S, a version of Windows that relies on Microsoft’s own app store for apps, though it does allow for binary translation for 32-bit x86 applications. 64-bit x86 applications won’t work on it unfortunately, so your app choices are limited to the ones on the Windows Store.